domingo, 8 de mayo de 2011

Cueva del Indio!



Cueva del Indio is a historic site located on the north coast of Puerto Rico, in the town of Arecibo. As its name Indian Cave (cueva del indio)  is a small cave in which we find hieroglyphics made ​​by the Taino Indians who once inhabited the island. But besides their historical value, also has a natural intervals.

There are two enormous cliffs that serve as nesting grounds for Bridle Tern and the White-tailed Tropicbird. Only a few weeks ago they started to arrive to this place. But today I counted a group of 17 Bridle Tern and 6 White-tailed Tropicbird.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Julio,

    I'm Joseph, you joined my blog 'Aberdeenshire Young Birder' . I have just had a read through some of your blog posts and I think they are all great! It's brilliant to hear about the birdlife of Puerto Rico, so different from the birds we get here! The birds that you get in Puerto Rico are the sort of birds that people in Britain like me would dream of seeing, they're amazing and its great to see them captured on camera, your shots are really good!

    I will definitely be reading more of your blog and commenting on your more of your posts. I have added your blog to my blog list and I am following it as well. Any comments that you have on my blog would be greatly welcomed.

    Thank you and well done on a great blog,

    Joseph Nichols

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks Joseph for your comment. I follow your blog and many other. I'm the kind of person a little shy, I read the post but usually do not comment, but I I will do my effort to comment. Respect my blog very little people write about birds in Puerto Rico, for my part while I can continue to write what little bit that i can. Glad to hear that people from so far away follow my blog, I hope you continue enjoying it. And to the right side of the post is a button for Flickr, that directs you to my Flickr gallery, if you want to visit. Thanks!

    ResponderEliminar