martes, 22 de marzo de 2011

Backyard for the Birds part I




A while ago I decided to fix my backyard to attract more birds. So I set to work, and I'm still working on it and still much work to do. . I have concentrated on planting many plants that give many flowers as well as fruit trees.





I also put some seed feeders, as well as nectar feeder. The purpose of this nectar feeder is to feed the hummingbirds, but in Puerto Rico very few people used to put these nectar feeders so the hummingbirds here are not used to them so when I put mine, gave me work "to train them. " At first only the Bananaquit came to the nectar feeder, but after 3 or 4 months of patient waiting for the first time came one Antillean mango, a species endemic to the Antilles, and I take a photo, but not too good but you can see in the feeder.


Later I will post more about my backyard with more photos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario